Thursday, January 7, 2010

Music from the British Isles


Ellie and I are working on a duet that may not be quite ready for performance by March 20th. However, we will have plenty of other music ready for our enjoyment on that first day of Spring! Circle the date on your calender, Saturday, March 20 at 8:00. I plan to make some Shepherd's Pie, so good luck coming up with a tasty dish. Same with the wine! I'll have some Guinness here. Please, no haigus!
Music should be fun. Some possibilities are:
Corrente by Handel
The Holy Boy by John Ireland
Gigue and Tambourin by Elisabetta de Gambarini (yes, she's English)
Percy Grainger's arrangement of "Irish Tune from County Derry"
Nocturne in E minor by John Field
Prelude #6 by York Bowen
Music for violin which includes: The Ashgrove, Greensleeves, music by Elgar, and some Irish fiddle music! Duffy may bring his pipes and tin whistle (let's hope he wears underwear this time if he wears his kilt), and my son may sing: the Kerry Dance if we can get him to drink enough Guinness. And if I drink enough Guinness I'll play the cello. Or, you can all pay me NOT to play the cello! Or pay Duffy not to play his pipes! In any case, let me know if you can make it when I get back from Florida in early March.
email: farrell39@comcast.net

1 comment:

  1. I have another Irish Joke I can tell at intermission if you like?

    Cull

    ReplyDelete